The following campgrounds are open:
- Beaver Plant Lake, Big Greider Lake, Cutthroat Lakes, Cypress Head, Griffin Bay, Les Hilde, Lily Lake, Little Greider Lake, Lizard Lake, Lower Ashland Lake, Lummi Island, Pelican Beach, Point Doughty and Upper Ashland Lake.
- This includes the following recreation sites for day use only: Blanchard Lower Trailhead, Blanchard Upper Trailhead, Samish Overlook, Lily Lake, Lizard Lake, and Les Hilde Trailhead.
Harry Osborne is open. Restrooms are closed until further notice.
Natural Areas and San Juan Island recreation sites are mostly open.
- This includes Cattle Point, Cypress Island, Lummi Island, Morning Star and Griffin Bay. Point Doughtyand Upright Channel's restrooms will reopen Oct. 17.
- Access to sites in Morning Star NRCA is dependent on snow level and other early-season trail conditions.
- Backcountry restrooms in Morning Star, if accessible, are available for use, but are serviced in infrequently.
North Mountain is open. No restrooms at this site.
All the campgrounds in this region are open for camping. This includes:
- Bear Creek, Coppermine Bottom, Cottonwood, Hoh Oxbow, Lyre River, Minnie Peterson, South Fork Hoh, and Upper Clearwater.
Natural Areas such as Natural Resources Conservation Areas (NRCA) and Natural Area Preserves (NAP) are open. No restrooms available.
Foothills Multi-use Trails
- Winter through Summer 2021: Forest management activities are occurring and will directly impact recreational use. For your safety, please follow all warnings and closures that are posted in the field. Large truck traffic on roads.
Little River Trail
- Winter through Summer 2021: Forest management activities are occurring and will directly impact recreational use. For your safety, please follow all warnings and closures that are posted in the field.
Sadie Creek 4x4 Trail System
- Starting December 2020, portions of the Sadie Creek 4x4 trail system will be closed due to timber harvest operations. Closures will be marked in the field and are for your safety. Download a map of the closure.
Pacific Cascade Region
These campgrounds are open. This includes Dougan Creek, Rock Creek (Yacolt), Snag Lake, Tunerville and Western Lake.
Cold Creek, Merrill Lake and Winston Creek campgrounds are currently closed for the season.
Natural Areas are open for day use only.
Natural Areas are closed for day use only.
- Most trailheads and day-use areas are open.
- Jones Creek ORV and Hagen Creek are closed seasonally from Dec. 1 - Apr. 30.
The following campgrounds and camping areas are open for camping:
Ahtanum Camp, Ahtanum Meadows, Beverly Dunes, Bird Creek, Buck Creek dispersed, Elk Heights dispersed, Glenwood dispersed, Island Camp, Naneum Ridge State Forest dispersed and Rattlesnake dispersed.
Discover Pass required.
The following campgrounds are closed for the season:
29 Pines, BBQ Flats, Clover Flats, Eagle's Nest, Indian Camp, Snow Cabin and Tree Phones, and Wenas dispersed.
Teanaway Campground is closed for renovation and will reopen in the spring as conditions allow.
Be aware of winter conditions: Grey Rock Trailhead is closed for the winter. Travel around Darland is not advised due to the current snowpack and Whites Ridge Trailhead is only open for winter recreation (Discover Pass required – no Sno Park permits).
for day use and camping in designated campgrounds except Teanaway Camp which is closed
for day use and for dispersed camping. No restrooms available.
Green dot roads are open for day use in Chelan, Kittitas, and Yakima counties only, except where groomed. No restrooms available.
Klickitat, South Yakima, Grant, and Chelan Counties
Some Natural Areas are open for day use only. Other areas are delayed to better coordinate openings with our partners.
South Puget Sound Region
Open campgrounds in this region:
- Elbe Hills ORV, Elfendahl Staging Area, Sahara Creek Horse Camp, and Spillman Camp.
The following campgrounds are closed for camping:
- Aldrich Lake, Bruni's Snow Bowl Hut, Copper Creek Hut, Fall Creek, Green Mountain Horse Camp, High Hut, Margaret McKenny, Middle Waddell, Porter Creek, Tahuya River Horse Camp and Yurt.
Most Natural Areas are open for day use only with the following exceptions:
- This includes Beaver Creek Trailhead, Eagle Crest, Elbe Hills ORV Trailhead, Elbe Hills ORV Trail System, Hidden View Day, High Point Day, Jenny’s Junction Day-use Site, Memorial Trailhead, Nicholson Horse Trail System, North Point, Sahara Creek, Valley View, Woodpecker Point, South District Mount Tahoma Ski Trails, and 1- Road Sno-Park.
- The following sites are closed for the season of April 30- November 1: 92-Road Sno-Park, North District Mt. Tahoma Ski Huts, and Mt Tahoma Ski Trails.
- Due to active forest operations management activities and storm damage, gate #412 on the 3 road in the Tahoma State Forest will remain closed between October 1 and December 15.
- The following sites are open: Gold Creek Trailhead and Wildcat Trailhead. No camping, and hike or ride in only.
- Open sites include Granite Lakes Trail Connector Access, Mine Creek day-use site, Champion Beach Day-use Site, Granite Lakes Trailhead, Oxbow Loop Trailhead, Russian Butte day-use site and Far Side Trailhead (for Dirty Harry’s Balcony & Peak) managed by Washington State Parks.
- These sites include Little Si Trailhead, Little Si Overflow Trailhead, and Mount Si Trailhead.
- Snoqualmie Point Trailhead is open.
- Access from Rattlesnake Lake Recreation Area & Rattlesnake Ledge Trail, managed by Seattle Public Utilities, is closed.
Tahuya State Forest
for day use only.
- The following sites are open for lake access: Don Lake, Aldrich Lake, Twin Lakes, Howell Lake.
- The following trailheads are open for day use only - no overnight camping: Elfendahl Pass Trailhead, Mission Creek Trailhead, Camp Pond Trailhead, Kammenga 4x4 Trailhead, and Sand Hill Trailhead.
- Green Mountain and Tahuya River Horse Camps are closed for the season.
- Aldrich Lake, Don Lake, Twin Lakes and Robbins Lake are closed for the season.
- Tiger Summit Trailhead is open.
- Chirico/Poo Poo Point Trailhead (managed by King County Parks) is open.
- The following sites are open until further notice: High Point /Tradition Plateau Trailhead (co-managed by the City of Issaquah) and Chirico/Poo Poo Point Trailhead (managed by King County Parks).
Questions? Please call the region office at 360-825-1631.