The following campgrounds are open:
- Beaver Plant Lake, Big Greider Lake, Cutthroat Lakes, Cypress Head, Les Hilde, Lily Lake, Little Greider Lake, Lizard Lake, Lower Ashland Lake, Lummi Island, Pelican Beach, and Upper Ashland Lake.
Campgrounds that continue to be closed for camping are:
- Griffin Bay and Point Doughty.
- This includes the following recreation sites for day use only: Blanchard Lower Trailhead, Blanchard Upper Trailhead, Samish Overlook, Lily Lake, Lizard Lake, and Les Hilde Trailhead.
Harry Osborne is open. Restrooms are closed until further notice.
Natural Areas and San Juan Island recreation sites are mostly open.
- This includes Cattle Point, Cypress Island, Lummi Island, Morning Star, Point Doughty, Griffin Bay, and Upright Channel.
- Access to sites in Morning Star NRCA is dependent on snow level and other early-season trail conditions. High-elevation sites are generally still snowed in. Morning Star is closed to camping until further notice.
- All restrooms remain closed. Backcountry restrooms in Morning Star, if accessible, are available for use, but are serviced in infrequently.
North Mountain is open. No restrooms at this site.
All the campgrounds in this region are open for camping. This includes:
- Bear Creek, Coppermine Bottom, Cottonwood, Hoh Oxbow, Lyre River, Minnie Peterson, South Fork Hoh, and Upper Clearwater.
- Yahoo Lake access will be closed from Monday, Sept. 21 until Thursday, Sept. 24.
Natural Areas such as Natural Resources Conservation Areas (NRCA) and Natural Area Preserves (NAP) are open. No restrooms available.
Pacific Cascade Region
These campgrounds are open. This includes Dougan Creek, Merrill Lake, Rock Creek (Yacolt), Snag Lake, Tunerville, Western Lake, and Winston Creek.
This includes Cold Creek campground is currently closed.
Natural Areas are open for day use only.
Natural Areas are closed for day use only.
- All trailheads and day-use areas are open.
The Manatash Ridge Trail sinkhole has been repaired on the Kittitas Reclamation District road. Please be aware there may be construction and heavy equipment while repairs are underway. Learn more here.
The following campgrounds and camping areas are open for camping:
29 Pines, Beverly Dunes, Elk Heights dispersed, Indian Camp, Naneum Ridge State Forest dispersed, and Teanaway Camp.
No recreation campfires allowed. Discover Passes required.
These campgrounds and camping areas are closed for camping:
Ahtanum Camp, Ahtanum Meadows, Ahtanum State Forest dispersed, Buck Creek dispersed, Clover Flats, Glenwood dispersed, Rattlesnake dispersed, Snow Cabin, Tree Phones, Wenas dispersed, Island Camp and Bird Creek.
Teanaway Campground will be closing on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 8 a.m. to resume construction work that’s part an overall renovation project. The reopening date is unknown at this time.
All green dot roads are currently accessible however there is snow at higher elevations, on some north-facing slopes and shaded corners making travel on some green dots difficult or not advisable. Vehicles other than those classified as snowmobiles must remain on Green Dot Roads.
The following points are now open including the North Fork Cutoff Trail, North Fork Road, Middle Fork Road, Sedge, Grey Rock Trailhead, and Red Saddle Trailhead. Travel around Darland is not advised due to the current snowpack.
for day use and camping in designated campgrounds.
for day use and for dispersed camping. No restrooms available.
Klickitat, South Yakima, Grant, and Chelan Counties
Some Natural Areas are open for day use only. Other areas are delayed to better coordinate openings with our partners.
Green dot roads in Yakima County are open. Some restrooms available.
The open sites include Audubon Road, All of Cowiche Basin, Nile (no restrooms available), Maloy Road, and Observatory Road.
BBQ Flats and Cascade Camp are closed
due to fire fighting activity beginning 9/1 for the duration of the Evans Canyon Fire. Download a map of the closure.
South Puget Sound Region
Open campgrounds in this region:
- Elbe Hills ORV, Elfendahl Staging Area, Kammenga Canyon, Margaret McKenny, Middle Waddell, Sahara Creek Horse Camp, and Spilman Camp.
The following campgrounds are closed for camping:
- Aldrich Lake, Bruni's Snow Bowl Hut, Copper Creek Hut, Fall Creek, Green Mountain Horse Camp, High Hut, Porter Creek, Tahuya River Horse Camp and Yurt.
Most Natural Areas are open for day use only with the following exceptions:
for day use only with the following exceptions:
- All McKenny trailheads and horse parking area is open from 8 a.m. until dusk.
- The Fall Creek trailhead will be open after 3 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends.
- This includes Beaver Creek Trailhead, Eagle Crest, Elbe Hills ORV Trailhead, Elbe Hills ORV Trail System, Hidden View Day, High Point Day, Jenny’s Junction Day-use Site, Memorial Trailhead, Nicholson Horse Trail System, North Point, Sahara Creek, Valley View, Woodpecker Point, South District Mount Tahoma Ski Trails, and 1- Road Sno-Park.
- The following sites are closed for the season of April 30- November 1: 92-Road Sno-Park, North District Mt. Tahoma Ski Huts, and Mt Tahoma Ski Trails.
- The following sites are open: Gold Creek Trailhead and Wildcat Trailhead. No camping, and hike or ride in only.
- Open sites include Granite Lakes Trail Connector Access, Mine Creek day-use site, Champion Beach Day-use Site, Granite Lakes Trailhead, Oxbow Loop Trailhead, Russian Butte day-use site, Mailbox Peak Trailhead and Far Side Trailhead (for Dirty Harry’s Balcony & Peak) managed by Washington State Parks.
- These sites include Little Si Trailhead, Little Si Overflow Trailhead, Mount Si Trailhead, and Teneriffe Trailhead.
- Snoqualmie Point Trailhead is open.
- Access from Rattlesnake Lake Recreation Area & Rattlesnake Ledge Trail, managed by Seattle Public Utilities, is closed.
Tahuya State Forest
for day use only.
- The following sites are open for lake access: Don Lake, Aldrich Lake, Twin Lakes, Howell Lake.
- The following trailheads are open for day use only - no overnight camping: Elfendahl Pass Trailhead, Mission Creek Trailhead, Camp Pond Trailhead, Kammenga 4x4 Trailhead, and Sand Hill Trailhead.
- Green Mountain and Tahuya River Horse Camps are closed for the season.
- Robbins Lake is closed for the season.
- Tiger Summit Trailhead is open.
- Chirico/Poo Poo Point Trailhead (managed by King County Parks) is open.
- The following sites are open until further notice: High Point /Tradition Plateau Trailhead (co-managed by the City of Issaquah) and Chirico/Poo Poo Point Trailhead (managed by King County Parks).
Questions? Please call the region office at 360-825-1631.