Washington's state trust lands provide many ideal locations for communications towers—hilltops and mountaintops throughout many parts of Washington state. Our Communication Site Program includes 100 wireless telecommunication sites and represents a diversity of prime locations serving the large population centers of the Puget Sound lowlands, Spokane and the Tri Cities. In addition, sites that provide ideal coverage for rural and urban populations are located across the state. The program leases sites for new communication facilities, and for co-locating within DNR-managed facilities. The 3 million acres of state trust lands managed by DNR represent many different types of opportunities for private and public entities to establish new communications sites as well as expand existing sites. See Communication Sites listed by County for more detailed information on each site.
We publish a 'Lease Rent Schedule' each year that details facility and land lease rents, and lists DNR communications site managers for each of our regions, as well as site class and rent determination. Please contact us for information about DNR wireless communications site opportunities and about our current program.
- July 2021 - June 2022 Communication Site Lease Rent Schedule
- July 2020 - June 2021 Communication Site Lease Rent Schedule
- July 2019 - June 2020 Communication Site Lease Rent Schedule
- July 2018 - June 2019 Communication Site Lease Rent Schedule
- July 2017 - June 2018 Communication Site Lease Rent Schedule
- July 2016 - June 2017 Communication Site Lease Rent Schedule
- July 2015 - June 2016 Communication Site Lease Rent Schedule
- July 2014 - June 2015 Communication Site Lease Rent Schedule
Leasehold tax, power fees, and road use fees are separate calculations.