COVID-19 EMPLOYEE UPDATES, INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
Daily Health Screening Links
- Divisions (All) – https://bit.ly/2U1xPGD
- Northwest Region – https://bit.ly/3gTKapg
- Northeast Region – https://bit.ly/3h5lN78
- Olympic Region – https://bit.ly/3wYCjMU
- Pacific Cascades Region – https://bit.ly/3zZ6fdv
- Southeast Region – https://bit.ly/3gUGNOU
- South Puget Sound Region – https://bit.ly/3gWu7Ht
As we follow the development of COVID-19 in our state, we are committed to providing DNR employees with access to accurate and timely information. Please check this page for official updates and information about COVID-19's impacts on the agency from Executive Management. Updates are also recorded in the DNR Weekly newsletter delivered to inboxes each Wednesday.
COVID-19 UPDATE - Updated 04/21/22
Since March of 2020, we have been affected by COVID-19 and the changes it has made to how we do the business of the agency: telework, rigorous PPE protocol, stay home and stay healthy orders, children learning at home and so much more.
Since that time, DNR has continually reviewed our PPE protocol and other issues that impact employee health and safety, revisited all relevant guidance, and set up the Safe Start Workgroup. The diligence of staff and management has created an environment where exposure at work has been infrequent and quick action by all involved has led to proper procedures to protect the health and safety of DNR team members. Thank you to all who have been so diligent and safe as we navigate unchartered waters. Our collective efforts continue to make a difference.
Based on guidance from Washington state expert agencies, as well as all DNR employees now fully vaccinated or appropriately accommodated, lowered COVID-19 new infection and hospitalization rates, and other carefully considered factors, DNR moved to a modified Tier 3 of its Safe Start plan, which includes re-opening to the public, on March 21, 2022.
Two critical pieces of information:
1. DNR re-opened its facilities to the public on March 21, 2022. DNR is staffing its facilities at levels that support normal business interactions between DNR and members of the public. Emergency Telework ended on March 21. DNR is transitioning to Elective Telework, which will be completed by June 1. Appointing Authorities are responsible for managing this transition. During this transition, employees may continue to telework with the approval of their Appointing Authority. Elective Telework approvals do not have to be immediately in place.
2. Masking requirements:
1) DNR employees will not be required to wear a mask in DNR facilities. All employees are welcome to wear a mask as a personal preference.
2) DNR employees must still wear a mask in the following situations: if they are inside a correctional facility, a medical facility, a long-term care facility, or a transportation hub such as an airport or bus station; when traveling on public transportation; and when transporting non-DNR employees (who also must mask) if the other persons are not state or federal employees or elected officials.
3) A DNR employee who has been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 must wear a mask in the workplace for 10 days following the close contact, except when working alone.
4) A DNR employee who has tested positive and completed a quarantine period of 5 days, must wear a mask for 5 days upon returning unless working alone as defined in DNR’s COVID-19 Safety Protocol.
5) The public is not be required to wear a mask in a DNR building or on DNR property.
If you have questions or concerns, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly contact Human Resources or the DNR Safety Office.
SAFETY AND HEALTH
- DNR COVID-19 Safety Protocol - Updated 4/21/22
- iLobby FAQ - Posted 3/21/22
- Re-open facilities to the public on March 21 FAQ - Posted 3/9/22
- Re-open facilities to the public on March 21 At-A-Glance - Posted 3/9/22
- Re-open facilities to the public on March 21 letter from Lenny Young - Posted 3/7/22
- Steps to a Safe Start - Updated 2/14/22
- Safe Start Update from Lenny Young - Posted 8/3/21
- Safe Start Tier 2 - Posted 6/29/21
- Non-DNR Employee Daily Screening for COVID-19 - Posted 11/25/20
- Non-DNR Employee Daily Health Screening Flyer - Posted 11/25/20
- Non-DNR Employee Flyer (Spanish) - Posted 11/25/20
- Screener Guidance and Training Packet - Posted 11/25/20
- Screener Guidance and Training (Spanish) - Posted 11/25/20
- Proper use of N95 masks
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQ - Updated 10/27/21
- 2021-2023 WFSE CBA - Posted 10/7/21
- 2021-2023 WPEA CBA - Posted 10/6/21
- Covid-19 Vaccination Medical Accommodation Request Form (word file) - Updated 9/2/21
- Covid-19 Vaccination Religious Accommodation Additional Information Form (word file) - Posted 9/1/21
- Covid-19 Vaccination Religious Accommodation Request Form (word file) - Posted 8/23/21
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement letter - Posted 8/19/21
- Leave Guide - Updated 3/15/21
- Safe Start Resource Manual for DNR Employees - Posted 10/2020
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
SUPERVISOR AND APPOINTING AUTHORITY RESOURCES
- DNR COVID 19 Response Checklist (download docx file) - Posted 4/21/22
- DNR COVID 19 Template Letter Employee Confirmed Positive (download docx file) - Posted 4/21/22
- DNR COVID 19 Template Letter Employee Close Contact (download docx file) - Posted 4/21/22
- DNR COVID 19 Template Communication Employee Exposure (downoad docx file) - Posted 4/21/22
CONTRACTS VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
- Staying safe and healthy online
- To forward your office phone calls to an external phone, such as your work cell:
- Activate speakerphone or pick up the phone receiver
- Dial #00 (this sets the forwarding command)
- Dial 9 -- area code -- phone number you wish to forward your calls to
- You will hear a series of beeps that confirms the forward went through
- To release the forward, press #00 (this clears all forwarding commands)
- How to remotely access your voicemail (902 numbers in the NRB only)
- Remote password resets/lockout
- If you have been locked out of the network and/or you need your password reset, please use your supervisor to contact the ITD Service Desk. Your supervisor will need to submit a request to reset the password. This process is needed to ensure security as we have no other remote way to confirm your identity.
- We strongly suggest if you haven't reset your password recently, you should do so now.
- Citrix access instructions (word file)
- VPN access instructions
- Note: Employees must be at their workstations (NRB or region offices) to activate their VPN access for the first time.
- Taking computer equipment home:
- ALL DNR EMPLOYEES who will be taking their computer equipment home, you will need to follow the below steps (Laptop users have already done this step):
- Fill out this form (word file) before people take home their equipment
- List monitors, desktop computers, keyboards, mouse, etc
- If you're just taking your monitor, you'll need the form completed as well
- Have your supervisor sign the form
- Scan and email the signed form to: email@example.com
- In order for DNR Employees with desktop computers to take their desktop computers home and use VPN to access the DNR Network, the first step is to install BIG-IP Client software to each machine. DNR Laptops already have this software installed, so nothing needs to be done by those employees.
OFFICE OF FINANCE, BUDGET, and ECON
- Emergency procedure for electronic signatures (word file) - Posted 4/10/20
- Policy modification tracking sheet - Posted 4/2/20
- OFBE (Office of Finance, Budget, and Economics) COVID-19 Business Operations Processes - Posted 3/27/20
- Payroll information and contact sheet - Posted 3/27/20