Cherry Point Management
Presentations To The Cherry Point Implementation Committee
January 29, 2013 Implementation Committee Meeting
Final Report on Pacific Herring (Clupea pallasi) Test Development and Validation -- with an Appendix on Herring Embryo Temperature Tolerance Comparisions between West Coast Stocks (Randall Marshall, Washington Department of Ecology 1/29/12).
October 23, 2012 Implementation Committee Meeting
Mussel Watch Pilot Expansion Study: Toxic Contaminants in Nearshore biota. (4 MB) Jim West from the Washington Dept. of Fish & Wildlife and the Puget Sound Ecosystem Monitoring Program (PSEMP) provided information on the expansion of the national program with the help of an EPA-funded grant.
June 12, 2012 Implementation Committee Meeting
Cherry Point Beach Walks. The purpose of Cherry Point Beach Walks is to perform qualitative and systematic inspections of key features along the Cherry Point shoreline. (Michael Kyte, 6/12/12) .
Hydrodynamics and Coastal Change along Pt. Whitehorn -- Cherry Point. The U.S. Geologic Survey (USGS) uses various methods, including multibeam bathymetery, and LIDAR to map submerged habitats in Puget Sound. This work provides information regarding habitat types, sediment movement and long-term changes in nearshore sediment structure and dynamics. (Eric Grossman, USGS, 6/12/12).
Cherry Point Science, Monitoring, And Environmental Information
- Results of Cherry Point Herring Acoustic/Trawl Survey 2011. Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife report. 6/30/11.
- Final Report on Pacific Herring Test Development and Validation. This resport describes the efforts of the Washington State Department of Ecology and Western Washington University to develop and validate herring toxicity tests since the 2000 spawning season. (WA Dept. of Ecology, November 2011.)
- Cherry Point Vessel Traffic Analysis (VTRA) report. This report provides an analysis of the effects on oil spill risk of potential incremental vessel traffic projected to call at the Cherry Point dock through 2025 and to evaluate mitigation measures applicable to BP to address such impacts. (12/9/11. Dr. Johan René van Dorp, Engineering Management and Systems Engineering)
- BP Cherry Point Refinery. Final National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) issued by Ecology on 2/14/12.
- Environmental Damage Assessment of Refinery Equipment Recovery at Gulf Road, Whatcom County. A report prepared by AECOM Environment following an incident where a reactor vessel en route to the BP Cherry Point Refinery was displaced off a barge. DNR expresssed concern about the potential damage to natural resources and habitats within the Cherry Point Aquatic Reserve. 12/9/11