Led by the Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz, DNR actively plans recreation opportunities you and your family can enjoy for generations to come. Through extensive involvement from local recreation groups, DNR volunteers, and the public, we take an integrated approach to providing fun and safe recreational opportunities on DNR-managed lands. DNR accomplishes this largely through the adoption of formalized recreation plans, which help to guide recreation on DNR-managed lands for the next 10 to 15 years.
Southeast Region Green Dot Maps
Comments have closed. Maps will be final on May 1.
DNR manages the Green Dot Road system in partnership with the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) and private landowners to provide opportunities for dispersed recreation such as camping, hunting, off-road vehicle riding and wildlife viewing.
Each year DNR and WDFW update the Green Dot Road maps and hold a public meeting to provide information about the updates and proposed changes. Due to the ongoing pandemic, we are unable to hold a proper public meeting and have decided to postpone any big map updates or proposals until we are able to do so.
The changes on the maps for this year are mostly administrative updates, which include correcting map symbols, changes in ownership and matching the maps with what’s posted on the ground.
Naneum/Colockum map shows updates in:
- Township 20N, Range 21E in sections 2, 8, 10, 12 as well as in Township 20N, Range 22E in sections 6, 8 and 32 to update the ownership to BLM (around private in both section 8s)
Wenas map shows updates in:
- In Township 15N, Range 17E in section 32 there’s an updated map symbol on the Mellotte
- On the Lower Buffalo Road in Township 14N, Range 18E in section 8 there is an addition of a temporary Green Dot Road from the boundary line toward the Skyline Trail
- Removal of a closed road in the area of Bull Pasture in Township 15N, Range 18E on the border of sections 8 and 17
- Removal of a closed road in the area of Hardy Canyon in Township 16N, Range 16E in section 13
- Removal of a gate and Green Dot Road in Township 16N, Range 17E in section 32 and the addition of a Green Dot Road and removal of a gate in the adjacent section 33 in the area of Newlands Road
The draft maps and survey will be open through March 14, then comments will be reviewed by the agencies. Comments will be reviewed and responses will be posted. Final maps will be available on May 1, 2021.
Adopted Plans and Policy