Find your campsite
Planning camping trips? DNR's Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz invites you to explore more than 70 campgrounds statewide. Check to see if your favorites are open. Some campgrounds close seasonally for the winter. Use our interactive statewide recreation map to explore camping opportunities near you.
DNR CAMPING TIPS
- Campsites are first-come, first-served. No reservations required.
- Practice leave-no-trace principles. Garbage services isn't provided, so pack out what you pack in.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Enjoy campfires in approved fire pits in designated campgrounds only. Check for burn bans.
- Don't Move Firewood: Help protect Pacific Northwest forests by preventing the spread of invasive species. Firewood can carry insects and diseases that can threaten the health of our western forests. Please purchase your firewood near your campsite. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for more information.
- Before you go, don't forget to purchase your Discover Pass, which helps you to explore 1,100 miles of trails, 70 campgrounds and 55 trailheads statewide on DNR-managed lands. You can learn more on the Discover Pass website: www.discoverpass.wa.gov. Note: As a parking pass, the Discover Pass is not required for our campgrounds only accessible via boat.
Note: Updated as of June 12.
|29 Pines||Open as of May 1|
|Ahtanum Camp||Open as of May 1|
|Ahtanum Meadows||Open as of May 1|
|Aldrich Lake||Closed (still open to fishing access)|
|Beaver Plant Lake||Open, check with Verlot Public Service Center
regarding road conditions for Mount Baker
Snoqualmie 4021 Road.
|Big Greider Lake||Open, check with Snohomish County PUD
regarding road closures on the South Shore Road.
|Bird Creek||Open, may experience limited services.|
|Bruni's Snow Bowl Hut||Open|
|Chopaka Lake||Closed due to slope failure|
|Copper Creek Hut||Open|
|Douglas Falls Grange Park||Open|
|Elbe Hills ORV||Open|
|Green Mountain Horse Camp||Closed (open annually from Memorial Day to Labor Day)|
|Indian Camp||Open as of May 1|
|Island Camp||Open, may experience limited services.|
|Little Greider Lake||Open, check with Snohomish County PUD regarding road closures on the South Shore Road.|
|Lower Ashland Lake||Open, check with Verlot Public Service Center regarding road conditions for Mount Baker Snoqualmie 4021 Rd.|
|Merrill Lake||Open as of May 12|
|North Fork Nine Mile||Open as of April 15|
|Rock Creek (Loup Loup)||Open|
|Rock Creek (Yacolt)||Open|
|Sahara Creek Camp||Open|
|Skookum Creek||Closed due to flooding, check back for updates|
|South Fork Hoh||Open|
|Sportsman's Camp||Open as of May 1|
|Tahuya River Horse Camp||Open for select weekends in 2018. Learn more.|
|Tunerville||Open, detour needed. View map.|
|Upper Ashland Lake||Open, check with Verlot Public Service Center regarding road conditions for Mount Baker Snoqualmie 4021 Rd.|
|Winston Creek||Open as of April 15|