Find your campsite
Are you ready to go camping? DNR manages 80 campgrounds across the state and we want you to come out and enjoy them. Campsites are available first come, first served at no additional cost with the purchase of your Discover Pass. A limited number of reservation sites are available at the Margaret McKenny Campground in Capitol Forest and Elbe Hills ORV Campground in Elbe Hills State Forest. Use our Interactive Recreation Map to scout out your next adventure and then be sure to check below to make sure the site you would like to visit is open. Some of our campgrounds close down for the winter.
DNR CAMPING TIPS
- Campsites are available first come, first served at no additional cost with the purchase of a Discover Pass. There are 5 reservation sites available at Margaret McKenny Campground and 20 reservation sites available at Elbe Hills ORV Campground.
- Always practice the seven Leave No Trace principles. Garbage services aren’t provided. If you pack it in, pack it out.
- Please be respectful of other visitors and observe quiet hours from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Enjoy campfires in approved fire pits in designated campgrounds only. Always check for burn bans before you light your campfire.
- Don't Move Firewood: Help protect Pacific Northwest forests by preventing the spread of invasive species. Firewood can carry insects and diseases that can threaten the health of our western forests. Please purchase your firewood near your campsite. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for more information.
- Don’t forget your Discover Pass! The annual Discover Pass is transferable between two vehicles and must be displayed in your front windshield while parked at DNR sites. A Discover Pass is not needed if you just want to drive through an area and don’t plan to leave your vehicle. It is also not required for our campgrounds only accessible via boat. Visit the Discover Pass website to learn more or purchase yours: www.discoverpass.wa.gov.
Campground status updated May 10, 2019
|Aldrich Lake||Closed (still open to fishing access)|
|Beaver Plant Lake||Open, check with Verlot Public Service Center
regarding road conditions for Mount Baker
Snoqualmie 4021 Road
|Big Greider Lake||Open, check with Snohomish County PUD
regarding road closures on the South Shore Road
|Bruni's Snow Bowl Hut||Open|
|Copper Creek Hut||Closed|
|Cutthroat Lakes||Open, check with Verlot Public Service Center regarding road conditions for Mount Baker Snoqualmie 4030 Rd|
|Douglas Falls Grange Park||Open|
|Elbe Hills ORV||Open, reservable campsites available|
|Green Mountain Horse Camp||Closed|
|Little Greider Lake||Open, check with Snohomish County PUD regarding road closures on the South Shore Road|
|Lower Ashland Lake||Open, check with Verlot Public Service Center regarding road conditions for Mount Baker Snoqualmie 4021 Rd|
|Margaret McKenny||Open, reservable campsites available|
|North Fork Nine Mile||Open|
|Rock Creek (Loup Loup)||Open|
|Rock Creek (Yacolt)||Open|
|Sahara Creek Camp||Open|
|South Fork Hoh||Open|
|Tahuya River Horse Camp||Open for select weekends in 2019|
|Upper Ashland Lake||Open, check with Verlot Public Service Center regarding road conditions for Mount Baker Snoqualmie 4021 Rd|