Find your campsite
Planning camping trips? DNR's Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz invites you to explore more than 70 campgrounds statewide. Check to see if your favorites are open. Some campgrounds close seasonally for the winter. Use our interactive statewide recreation map to explore camping opportunities near you.
DNR CAMPING TIPS
- Campsites are first-come, first-served. No reservations required.
- Practice leave-no-trace principles. Garbage services isn't provided, so pack out what you pack in.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Enjoy campfires in approved fire pits in designated campgrounds only. Check for burn bans.
- Don't Move Firewood: Help protect Pacific Northwest forests by preventing the spread of invasive species. Firewood can carry insects and diseases that can threaten the health of our western forests. Please purchase your firewood near your campsite. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for more information.
- Before you go, don't forget to purchase your Discover Pass, which helps you to explore 1,100 miles of trails, 70 campgrounds and 55 trailheads statewide on DNR-managed lands. You can learn more on the Discover Pass website: www.discoverpass.wa.gov. Note: As a parking pass, the Discover Pass is not required for our campgrounds only accessible via boat.
Note: Updated as of Dec. 15.
|29 Pines||Closed (click here for more info)|
|Ahtanum Camp||Open as of May 1|
|Ahtanum Meadows||Open as of May 1|
|Aldrich Lake||Closed (still open to fishing access)|
|Beaver Plant Lake||Open, check with Verlot Public Service Center
regarding road conditions for Mount Baker
Snoqualmie 4021 Road.
|Beverly Dunes||Closed as of Nov. 8 (learn more)|
|Big Greider Lake||Open, check with Snohomish County PUD
regarding road closures on the South Shore Road.
|Bird Creek||Open, may experience limited services.|
|Bruni's Snow Bowl Hut||Open|
|Chopaka Lake||Open as of April 17|
|Cold Springs||Closed for the season.|
|Copper Creek Hut||Open|
|Douglas Falls Grange Park||Closed|
|Elbe Hills ORV||Open|
|Fall Creek||Open, will close Dec. 1 for the season|
|Green Mountain Horse Camp||Closed (open annually from Memorial Day to Labor Day)|
|Indian Camp||Closed (click here for more info)|
|Island Camp||Open, may experience limited services.|
|Little Greider Lake||Open, check with Snohomish County PUD regarding road closures on the South Shore Road.|
|Lower Ashland Lake||Open, check with Verlot Public Service Center regarding road conditions for Mount Baker Snoqualmie 4021 Rd.|
|Margaret McKenny||Open, will close Dec. 1 for the season|
|Merrill Lake||Open as of May 12|
|Middle Waddell||Open, will close Dec. 1 for the season|
|North Fork Nine Mile||Open as of April 15|
|Porter Creek||Open, will close Dec. 1 for the season|
|Rock Creek (Loup Loup)||Closed|
|Rock Creek (Yacolt)||Open|
|Rock Lakes||Closed for the season.|
|Rocky Lake||Closed for the season.|
|Sahara Creek Camp||Open|
|South Fork Hoh||Open|
|Sportsman's Camp||Open as of May 1|
|Starvation Lake||Closed for the season.|
|Tahuya River Horse Camp||Closed, open annually from Memorial Day to Labor Day|
|Toats Coulee||Open as of April 14|
|Tunerville||Open, detour needed. View map.|
|Upper Ashland Lake||Open, check with Verlot Public Service Center regarding road conditions for Mount Baker Snoqualmie 4021 Rd.|
|Winston Creek||Open as of April 15|