Permits and Regulations
Forest Practices Applications or Alternate Plans
Forest Practices Applications are required before many different land management activities, including timber harvests, can take place. DNR has Regulatory Assistance Foresters who can help walk new and existing landowners through that process to help ensure activities are performed legally and safely.
- Forest Practices Forms and Instructions
- Frequently asked questions on Forest Practices Applications
- Forest Practices Application Review System (FPARS)
- Alternate Plans allow landowners to apply for more site-specific management flexibility than standard forest practices rules allow.
- Forest Practices Application Mapping Tool (FPAMT)
- DNR’s Small Forest Landowner Regulation Assistance Program can help landowners navigate Forest Practices Rules.
- Regulatory Assistance Forestry: How We Help You
- How to: Create an Editable and Savable Forest Practices Application