Wildland firefighters needed
Would you make a good firefighter? Do you know someone who would? DNR is looking for courageous, motivated women and men to join us in our efforts to protect 13 million acres of Washington lands from wildfire this upcoming summer.
- Must turn 18 years old at or before the time of hire (typically by May to mid-June)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED at or before time of hire (typically by May to mid-June)
- Must have a valid driver’s license, 2 years of driving experience and an acceptable driving record with no serious traffic violations. We cannot accept the following:
- License suspension/revocation due to reckless driving, hit and run, leaving an accident scene, failure to appear, DUI or other vehicle-related felony
- More than 3 moving violations in the past 12 months
- More than 4 moving violations in the past 24 months
- Able to buy lace-up boots with Vibram soles and constructed entirely of heavy leather that extends a minimum of 8 inches above the heel cup (inside of boot). DNR will reimburse (when deemed necessary) up to $270 (with original receipt) for the cost of pre-approved boots.
When you apply for this position, your application cannot be edited after it is sent, and you can only apply once a year. Therefore, it is important to meet all of the above qualifications before applying. The application that you fill out on DNR’s jobs webpage will ask questions on basic information, education, past work history, references and include a simple questionnaire.