April 16, 2014
Forest landowner workshop on forest health and wildfire risk
Workshop in Goldendale
OLYMPIA – The Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and Washington State University Extension (WSU Extension) are hosting a workshop for forest landowners who want to learn how to reduce wildfire risk, improve forest health, and enhance wildlife habitat.
| What:||Forest Health Workshop – Half of the workshop will be outdoors, so please be prepared for the weather. Workshop will be held rain or shine.|
| Why:||To help forest landowners reduce wildfire risks and improve forest health and wildlife habitat by actively managing their property.|
| When:||May 3, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. |
| Where: ||Ekone Ranch, Ekone Road, Goldendale, WA 98620|
- Follow Highway 97 south from Yakima or Highway 97 north from the Columbia River.
- From Highway 97 in Goldendale, take the Broadway Street exit (also called Hwy. 142) at the 76 Service Station.
- Go one block, then turn left at Aimee’s Attic onto Bickleton Road.
- Follow Bickleton Road east for 10 miles and then turn left onto Old Mountain Road.
- In approximately 1 mile, the pavement curves to the right and crosses Badger Gulch; follow it across the small bridge to stay on Old Mountain Road.
- About 3 miles later, the pavement ends. Slow down; keep it under 25 mph.
- In another mile, turn right on Ekone Road. Slow down again, 10 mph, past the closest neighbors and down the driveway. Follow Ekone Road for almost 1 mile down into a large valley with a pond.
- Park in the parking circle when you first enter the valley (where there is a kiosk, before you pass by the wooden, round pen) and check in at the Main Lodge, the large octagon building.
For more details on the workshop and specific directions, go to:
Media Contact: Janet Pearce, Communications Manager, 360-902-1122, email@example.com
# # #