Resources for Horse and Pack Stock Owners
Trail ethics, etiquette
- Leave no Trace. 7 principles for non-motorized outdoor recreation including preparation, guidance on the best ways/locations to set up camp,proper disposal of waste, leave what you find, minimizing impacts from campfires, respecting wildlife, and being considerate of others.
- Tread Lightly. Tips on responsible, sustainable recreation for a variety of activities, including horseback riding.
DNR Recreation Resources
- Where to Recreate on DNR-managed Lands. Where DNR's recreation areas and trails are located, what sites are open or closed, and other relevant information.
- DNR Maps. Download or purchase a variety of maps including quandrangle, state forest, and trail maps.
- DNR's Recreation Guide. Statewide map of DNR's designated recreation areas. Provides a key to the different type of recreation uses permitted in each area and driving directions.