FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 21, 2010
Firewood cutting permit process changes for State Trust forests in southwest Washington
January 1, 2011, changes for DNR Pacific Cascade Region
OLYMPIA – Effective January 1, 2011, the Washington State Department of Natural Resources will change the firewood-cutting permit application process in Pacific Cascade Region— including forested trust lands in Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor (south), Lewis, Pacific, Skamania, Thurston, and Wahkiakum counties. The new process will increase efficiency and will be more streamlined for the public.
The most significant change is eliminating the permit waiting list that DNR has used in the past. Permits now will be available on a first-come-first-served basis through DNR’s website. Available firewood-cutting permit areas will be listed on the DNR’s web site and routinely updated as new areas become available. An appropriate number of permits will be issued for the specific areas, based on available wood.
Although firewood-cutting permits will be available to the public whenever possible, availability may be limited.
How to request a firewood cutting application
To participate in firewood cutting in Pacific Cascade Region:
- Check our DNR website: www.dnr.wa.gov, click on the line in the lower middle of the webpage, in green: ‘HOW DO I ACQUIRE A FIREWOOD CUTTING PERMIT FOR STATE TRUST LANDS?’
- Then, if there are opportunities in your area of interest,
- Request a firewood cutting permit, e-mail email@example.com with the following information:
- In the Subject Line put: "Firewood Permit Request"
- In the e-mail body include: Applicant Name
- Phone Number
- Permit area requested (one only) from the opportunities available
- Preference for how permit is delivered to you (e-mail, hard-copy mail)
Media Contact: Jane Chavey, Senior Communications Manager, 360-902-1721, firstname.lastname@example.org